www.PaulGentry.net

The exciting life of Paul Gentry! All my ham radio escapades are over on www.k9pg.com



Sunday, August 21, 2011

Disney 2011 - Aug 14 - Day 9 - Hollywood Studios





Arrived around 10am.... went right to the Rock & Roll roller coaster.  It's an all indoor coaster with 3 or 4 loops that rocks out to Aerosmith during the ride.  I tried to video it... and the coaster was held up... someone came around telling me to put it away... and I said that it just fell out of my pocket onto the seat... so I'm just holding it.  It was too dark for video anyway.




Went to the Indiana Jones stunt show immediately after... arrived just after 11.... show started at 11:30.  Sat up close.... about the 5th row right side. I swear I thought I got picked as an extra... "you with the white baseball hat..." and it was some dude right behind me... talk about a HIGH than a LOW.  :-(

The American Idol experience is right outside Indy Jones... so we went there... and it was just "ok"... nothing memorable like the girl who sang Hearts "Alone" last year.... I wonder what happened to her.



Lights Motor Action... the extreme stunt show was next.  That always fills up fast...we were about 5 minutes late and got pretty crappy seats all the way to the side.  The show changed a bit from last year... the "half car" was no where to be seen.




Journey into Narnia - Prince Caspian was next.  No wait.... mildly interesting, but pretty lame if you've never seen Narnia before.  I'd pass on it next time.  Julio got a couple comments about his glow in the dark shirt while in there.



Next up was the street party.  It started raining... thought it might be cancelled.. but the rain let up.  Fun time.




We went through this "History of Disney" exhibit that has a movie at the end (didn't see the movie the first time around)... but I found out what EPCOT stands for... Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow.  Lots of other interesting Disney facts in this exhibit.

More pix with the characters at the "Art of Animation - Character Meet & Greet"   Only waited in line for 3... Mickey, Pooh and The Incredibles.  Mrs Incredible left when we were next in line.... replaced by Frozone.   I had to get my pic taken with them :-)   Outside were a few other characters that I wasn't familiar with.

The Star Wars ride was next... I really didn't remember much about this at all... vaguely remember seeing C3PO while in line... that's about it.  It's a simulator ride about 5 min long... Marco was picked out as the secret spy on board and his pic got put up on the screen... but he didn't see it.

Pizza Planet was for dinner... it's not as outrageously expensive as you'd think... it's just like Chuckie Cheese with all the games and stuff... didn't have time for the games though.  I think Marco learned a lesson about "not giving up" here.  He had a pin fall off... but lost the back part of it and gave up looking for it very quickly. I told him to keep looking... he spent another 5 seconds looking and gave up again... "it's gone forever" he says.  I retraced his steps and pointed to it on the steps.... and said "Don't EVER give up...."


Right outside pizza planet were 2 of the cars from the movie CARS.... the little red speedster thing and the tow truck... had to get pix with them.




Muppet Vision 3D is great... love that show.  Brings back all kinds of childhood memories watching The Muppet Show with dad.  Definitely have to see that if you go to Hollywood Studios.

While in line for Phineas & Ferb, I got talked out of trying Tower of Terror for good.  A lady told me that she can handle any roller coaster without a problem... but went on Tower of Terror and got sick... threw up 5 times and was still looking queezy.  No thank you.

A quick walk around the street sets... Amsterdam, San Fran and NYC for some pix... then the Toy Story ride... an animated game where you shoot plates & targets and accumulate points.  The kids take winning that game so seriously... so does mommy... so I had to make a miraculous comeback to beat her :-)  Right across the street was the line for Buzz & Woody.  That took about 45 minutes.

While in line for Toy Story, I thanked a Marine and gave him $10 to buy some ice cream for his kids.

Went on "The Great Movie Ride" next... really a very cool ride through the world of movies... starting in the 20s or 30s... to modern days.   Another must if you go.

Went on the Rock & Roll Roller Coaster once more before heading to Fantasmic.   Sat in the front row for that... I think that was too close.

I'm pretty sure we were the last ones to leave the park... I think that made the 3rd time that we were the last ones to leave during the trip.  

This closed out the Disney 2011 adventure.






No comments:

Post a Comment